The detective waited inside the darkened house for the suspects. He had been tracking them for over a year, following their activity, trying to find their hiding place. Finally, he had found it. They were late coming back tonight, they must have stopped to celebrate their big heist they pulled off earlier in the day. But they didn’t know he was after them. Soon, they would come back, unsuspecting, and walk into the trap he had laid for them. Hour after hour he waited for them, motionless. No sign of them. He was sure he had the right house. After five hours, he shifted his right leg. And at that moment, he heard them coming up the steps. And then he heard two thumps, and a rustle. There was silence. He flung open the front door and stared out into the empty street. Two beer bottles at the bottom of the steps glinted in the street lamp’s light. Those hadn’t been there before. He’d missed them again.
Emily: Unexpected (fiction)
Posted by Lizbeth on August 23, 2012
Buy My Latest Chapbook: Love and Memory
Shop Lizbeth’s Garden!
Search this blog
- Pretty caramel brown beaded #tassel with leaf by @lizbethsgarden etsy.me/2cCETRu via @Etsy #autumn #falldecor #leaf #handmade 5 days ago
- Seasons are changing. Get ready for fall with lovely scented potpourri from Lizbeth's Garden etsy.com/shop/lizbethsg… https://t.co/tWO1crDCVB 3 weeks ago
Like what you see here?Follow Lizbeth on StumbleUpon too.
What Lizbeth is Working On
- Baby Angel Tassel for Angel Mommy or Angel Daddy - Tiny Pastel Tassel with Angel Wings and Halo by lizbethsgarden
- Blue and Gold Cord - Graduation Cap Cord - Tassel Cord - Supply - Hand Spun Cord by lizbethsgarden
- Black Cord - Graduation Cap Cord - Tassel Cord - Supply - Hand Spun Cord by lizbethsgarden
What Lizbeth is Saying
What We’re Talking About
This Blog’s Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.