The first day of April is here. No joking, how did I do for my goals in March?
First up, the personal goals.
- Write more. Post every day to this blog. Work more on my novel — at least a paragraph a day, preferably 500 words a day. Get out of the no-poetry-writing slump I’ve been in.
I posted almost every day to this blog — I only missed 6 days, one less than I missed in January and February. But all other writing suffered.
- Start writing notes and letters to friends and family again.
No notes written.
- Keep the house clean. Start following a housekeeping/cleaning schedule again.
The house is cleaner. I am getting back on track with the schedule.
This month, writing goals suffered (except the blog) and the house is cleaner. Perhaps there is a connection.
Next up, business resolutions for the year.
- Get brochures about my tassels and (maybe) actual tassels into at least one local bridal gown store and at least one home decor store.
A wedding brochure is almost done.
- Take new tassels for each season/holiday to the local gallery where my tassels are on consignment.
I need to check in with the gallery.
- List a new tassel or item every day in my Etsy store.
I didn’t list much for the first half of March. But I have listed every day for a while now, and have more tassels to list. But I am starting to run out of new items — I need to start work on summer tassels.
- List a new item weekly in my Zibbet store.
Still a fail. But I have new items actually ready to list there — I guess I should have been more incremental in my goals. Let’s change the goal for April — list one new item in my Zibbet store.
- Make at least one Etsy sale per month.
Yes! I had 2 Etsy sales in March.
- Make at least 40 Etsy sales this year.
7 down, 33 to go.
- Have a home show.
Planning is not progressing. Must work on that.
- Teach a class on beading tassels.
No plans yet. Good thing I’m looking back at my goals. Maybe I’ll actually remember to start planning this.
I think I’m not finishing goals as fast as I hoped. But progress is being made.
How did I do on my March goals?
- Finish brochures for wedding & baby stores.
Wedding brochure is almost done.
- Set location & date for home show.
- Send postcards about home show.
- Create more engraved copper medallions.
- Create 2 art tassels for the art show in May.
Yes, and they are beautiful. See them here: Koi Pond Beaded Tassel and Sunrise Tassel.
- Finish new tassel lines.
- Plan tassel beading class.
- Create new items for Zibbet store & list.
I have a couple items photographed but not listed.
- Finish website update.
- Roll out new logo across the Internet.
- Apply to be a guest blogger on a blog of someone I don’t know (this is going to be an ongoing monthly goal as I strive to write more — I already have a couple places to guest blog, I want to reach out more)
Four goals completed, and two in progress, leaving five uncompleted. Not bad.
- Finish wedding store brochure.
- Take wedding store brochure to at least one store.
- Start baby shower brochure.
- Plan home show.
- Send postcards for home show.
- Plan tassel beading class.
- Finish and post to this blog the Tassel Collections pages.
- List at least one item in Zibbet store.
- Make at least one item for the Zibbet store.
- Finish and list Easter tassels.
- Make beaded purple butterfly tassel.
- Make fun summer tassels.
- Start planning Halloween/fall tassels.
- Do state sales taxes, check profit/loss for 1st quarter.
Wish me luck!