I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable New Year! I have been enjoying cleaning my house and getting all the clutter cleared up to start 2012 with a nice neat house. I normally don’t make New Year’s Resolutions, but I thought I would make a few this year, both personal and for my business, and share them with you.
- Write more. Post every day to this blog. Work more on my novel — at least a paragraph a day, preferably 500 words a day. Get out of the no-poetry-writing slump I’ve been in.
- Start writing notes and letters to friends and family again. I used to write letters to my friends and family on a semi-regular basis. I’d like to do that again.
- Keep the house clean. Start following a housekeeping/cleaning schedule again.
I think that’s enough resolutions on the personal side. :)
- Get brochures about my tassels and (maybe) actual tassels into at least one local bridal gown store and at least one home decor store.
- Take new tassels for each season/holiday to the local gallery where my tassels are on consignment.
- List a new tassel or item every day in my Etsy store.
- List a new item weekly in my Zibbet store.
- Make at least one Etsy sale per month.
- Make at least 40 Etsy sales this year.
- Have a home show.
- Teach a class on beading tassels.
And, specific goals for January:
- Create brochures.
- Stock up on tassel-making supplies.
- Create Valentine’s tassels, enough for the Etsy store and the local gallery.
- Finish previous line of wedding tassels.
- Start new lines of wedding tassels, baby shower tassels, and spring flower tassels.
- Start new line of engraved copper medallions.
That’s it for me. What are your goals and resolutions for the New Year? Please share in the comments.
- Tuesday Treasure: Cranberry and Gold Man in the Moon Tassel (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Treasure: Plain Cotton Tassels (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Treasure: Blue and Silver Beaded Tassel Ornament (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)