1. How’d you get started on Etsy?
I was always the creative one in my family and of my friends. I remember at a young age that if I wanted something bad enough, I found a way to make it. I started making my wine cork bracelets for Gasparilla in Tampa, FL. A friend of mine Kathy, told me that I should try selling them on Etsy. Not to mention that I had a lot of help getting started by Sassybelle.
2. What was your inspiration for your shop?
Recycling Wine Corks and all the wonderful creative ideas that you can do with them.
3. What’s your favorite shop item and why?
I like them all but my favorite would be my pirate wine cork bracelet. This pirate bracelet was inspired by my love of the Gasparilla Pirate festival in Tampa. I was born and raised in Tampa and have only missed 2 parades in 39 years. Gasparilla to me is my life.
4. How do you unwind when you’re not creating?
Drink a lot of wine. LOL! Spend time with my wonderful husband and 3 children.
5. What’s your favorite kind of cupcake?
6. What pushes you to want to create something?
My desire to be surrounded by beautiful handmade things.
7. What’s your favorite cartoon as a kid. As an adult, if you stumble upon it while channel surfing now would you stop & watch?
As a kid Smurfs. Watched it religiously every Saturday. As an adult yes oh yes. Can’t wait till The Smurf Movie.
8. What’s your fantasy job?
Owning a high end boutique.
9. Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?
Creme Brulee with fresh raspberries.
12. Do you have a favorite author? When you read, do you use a proper bookmark, bend the page, or grab anything handy to mark your place?
Have so many. I use a bookmark that is very dear to me.
13. If money was no object and you can live wherever you want….where would that be?
On my own island near Anna Maria Island.
14. What is your best childhood memory?
This is so hard as I had so many of them and not one was better then the other. I would have to say all of our family vacations of running around with no worries.