Today we are visiting with ConnieKSalesArt:
1. How’d you get started on Etsy?
After two different friends told me to look at Etsy I finally took it seriously. I began to watch other painters and discover just how much awesome art and other things were on Etsy. The quality was remarkable, so I saved some money, set a budget and here I am.
2. What was your inspiration for your shop?
The inspiration for my shop is my husband. When my husband and I were first engaged, I donated a couple of pieces to a silent auction. When he went up to see what pieces I had put in, he came back and said, “how could you put my very favorite piece in the auction?” I said, “What? You have never seen these?” He said, “Well, i have to admit I peeked at all your work in your basement…” I laughed, and then to my surprise, he bought back the painting in the auction…He supports my art, and I seek his opinions on my work all the time. He is my biggest fan and my great “encourager.”
3. What’s your favorite shop item and why?
This little figure drawing, “Somber Guy” is probably my favorite. He always makes me smile. I have kept him for a long while just for me, unwilling to offer him for sale.
4. How do you unwind when you’re not creating?
I go hiking, camping with my husband. Sometimes we go with other friends. A day trip hike or ten days in the woods. It is the ability to drive 20 minutes and be out in the mountains that I stay in Idaho. It is too beautiful to leave.
5. What’s your favorite kind of cupcake?
yumm. cupcakes! any with lots of cream cheese frosting!
6. What pushes you to want to create something?
I just can’t stop. Growing up it was my only friend, drawing and writing. I found as an adult it is the best way I connect and communicate.
7. What’s your favorite cartoon as a kid. As an adult, if you stumble upon it while channel surfing now would you stop & watch?
thats a tough one, I did not watch television much as a kid. I was a high level competitive gymnast, no time for tv. But, I love love love the “Banana Splits.” I did look them up on Youtube recently.
8. What’s your fantasy job?
I am living it truly. I spent my life trying to have a 9 -5 job because that is what I was told is normal and the only way to be productive. I failed and failed, and now, I get to help my husband and he helps me. Who knows what you call that but it just is.
9. Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?
My secret guilty pleasure is ice cream and donuts.
10. List 3 things you are so obsessed with it is torture to ever say no to.
thrift store shopping, discount art materials, camping
11. List 3 of your favorite Etsy shops.
12. Do you have a favorite author? When you read, do you use a proper bookmark, bend the page, or grab anything handy to mark your place?
Chaim Potok is my favorite author, and all of the above, I bend the page, I grab whatever is handy and I have proper bookmarks.
13. If money was no object and you can live wherever you want….where would that be?
where my husband and family were at. Maybe Last Chance, or just at the lake, or anywhere warm.
14. What is your best childhood memory?
The one memory I have on a christmas eve and my brother, sister and I all piled into my brother’s bed. Its a brief memory but a very good one.
- Friday Feature: Baublesforbellas (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)
- Friday Feature: Simply Clutch (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)
- Friday Feature: Elephant Beads (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)
- Friday Feature: Glamour Puss Couture (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)
- Friday Feature: Sweet Vegan (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)