This week we are visiting with Etsy seller Simply Clutch.
1. How’d you get started on Etsy?
I was planning for my wedding in 2009 and found so many of my things on Etsy (veil, ring bearer bowl, card holder, invitations!) I just fell in love with the atmosphere and I saw myself contributing as well!
2. What was your inspiration for your shop?
I loooooooove purses and creating! It was tough to not want to do everything jumbling in my mind, so I started with the idea that stood out the most, which was bold colors, silks, and clutches.
3. What’s your favorite shop item and why?
Antique White Pleated Clutch! It has a vintage-like frame and looks so elegant!
4. How do you unwind when you’re not creating?
Read for fun (mainly fiction) and spend time with my puppy Phoenix.
5. What’s your favorite kind of cupcake?
A homemade cupcake! Preferrably chocolate with chocolate frosting. Rainbow sprinkles, of course.
6. What pushes you to want to create something?
It varies. Sometimes it’s a print on a fabric, maybe a particular color fabric, and of course magazines help too!
7. What’s your favorite cartoon as a kid. As an adult, if you stumble upon it while channel surfing now would you stop & watch?
I watched such a variety of cartoons… Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Tiny Toons, etc. I will always stop and watch Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain. I also routinely watch Family Guy.
8. What’s your fantasy job?
Oooo. I would love to get paid to read books and make purses all the time.
9. Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?
Of course! And it’s a secret! Actually, my latest guilty pleasure is I’m reading a fantasy novel series, which is so “not me,” but I love it!
10. List 3 things you are so obsessed with it is torture to ever say no to.
My dog. She’s just so freaking cute. I have to discipline her without really looking at her face. I can never say no to iced tea. I LOOOOVE iced tea… mostly green. My favorite is jasmine green tea. This is making me want some tea!
11. List 3 of your favorite Etsy shops.
There are so many fantastic shops and I know I haven’t really had the chance to check them all out. But off the top of my head: DiffractionFiber, CoutureCrochetbyKT, and RoverDog.
12. Do you have a favorite author?
Not really. I really try to read a variety.
When you read, do you use a proper bookmark, bend the page, or grab anything handy to mark your place? Usually I end up using the receipt from the bookstore or a scrap of paper. Lately, I’ve been reading on my Kindle, so it remembers for you!
13. If money was no object and you can live wherever you want….where would that be?
I would have several homes of course. Europe… maybe southern Germany or Italy, Buenos Aires, and San Diego.
14. What is your best childhood memory?
Any memory with my childhood pet, my kitty Oreo. He was my best bud and I loved him very much!
- Friday Feature: Glamour Puss Couture (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)
- Friday Feature: AddSomeStitches (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)