Yesterday was International Women’s Day, and I won the Versatile Blogger Award. What is the connection between those events, you might ask? Well, as part of accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, I agreed to pass it on and link to 15 other bloggers. In honor of International Women’s Day, I am linking only to other amazing women bloggers. (Sorry, guys, I know some of you have really cool blogs, you’ll just have to wait for another time.)
Next, according to the Rules
- Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
- Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
- Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it.
I am supposed to tell you 7 random facts about me:
- I just learned to touch-type Dvorak a few months ago, and I still make a fair number of mistakes. Which can be fairly amusing, since the Dvorak keyboard places the most-used keys next to each other. (fun becomes fin, or gun; love becomes live)
- I started several volunteer groups in college (and I doubt anyone who knows me is surprised)
- I have a dry sense of humor (but you knew that already, right?) :)
- I started Lizbeth’s Garden, my tassel-making (among other things) business because I couldn’t find fan pull tassels I liked at a price I liked, but I still haven’t gotten around to making any for myself
- I started writing better poetry after reading A Poetry Handbook by Mary Oliver
- I grow my own vegetables, and I have started leeks and celery for the coming planting season
- I have never been skiing.
And now for the nominations:
- Lemon Tree Tales
- Gus and Lula
- Uppercase Woman
- Queen of Creativity
- An Artist’s Journey
- Celebrating a Year
- Musing by Moonlight
- broken sparkles/Scent of my Heart
- Jessica’s Japes
- Cage Free Family
- Pretty Babies
Okay, enjoy reading these blogs from these amazing women. (You might think that is a random list, but they are all amazing. Really.)