This Friday I want to introduce you to AddSomeStitches, a crochet and baby blanket store on Etsy.
1. How’d you get started on Etsy?
I first found Etsy through a friend who recommended I check out her store. I started buying on Etsy, and since I’ve always been kinda crafty, I started the AddSomeStitches Store.
2. What was your inspiration for your shop?
I’d definitely have to say my daughter is my biggest inspiration. I draw in a lot of inspiration from my entire family, but my daughter is the biggest one. I know she hates it, but I always make her try on hats- which she quickly pulls off her head.
3. What’s your favorite shop item and why?
I don’t really have a favorite shop item. I love nearly all of my creations- even the first hat I crocheted. I keep it around even though it looks like a toddler crocheted it and it’s horribly embarrassing to show anyone that I made it!
4. How do you unwind when you’re not creating?
I love to spend time with my husband and daughter, but if they’re sick of me, I like to watch movies.
5. What’s your favorite kind of cupcake?
White cupcake with nearly any kind of frosting. I like lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting too!
6. What pushes you to want to create something?
My motivation comes from the goals I set for myself. I like to feel productive so goals are what push me.
7. What’s your favorite cartoon as a kid. As an adult, if you stumble upon it while channel surfing now would you stop & watch?
I still watch cartoons on a regular basis. My favorite would have to be Dave the Barbarian. It’s no longer aired, but if it was- I’d stay up til 3am to watch it if I had to!
8. What’s your fantasy job?
My fantasy job would be to create and earn enough money with it to support my family. I love to crochet, and create things. If I wasn’t crafting, I’d probably want to be an amazing chef-rockstar-astrophysisist-crafter-mom.
9. Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?
I love crappy reality tv shows. I got addicted to their drama back when Flavor Flav started Flavor of Love, and I was disappointed New York didn’t sign on for a season 3 of I Love New York.
10. List 3 things you are so obsessed with it is torture to ever say no to.
I wouldn’t say I’m obsessed with my daughter, but every time she needs something I can NEVER say no to her big blue eyes. She doesn’t talk yet, but every time her little face lights up at something in a store I can’t help but buy her things she doesn’t need.
12. Do you have a favorite author? When you read, do you use a proper bookmark, bend the page, or grab anything handy to mark your place?
I don’t have a specific favorite author though I do really like Robert Corimier. I’ve been given many, many, many bookmarks, but usually use an old recipt, piece of paper or something laying around.
13. If money was no object and you can live wherever you want….where would that be?
I would live in my same old town, but build my dream home instead of buying one.