- How’d you get started on Etsy?
I saw an add in a craft magazine and thought is was the greatest thing ever! When I got my artfire shop started I decided to give Etsy a try as-well.
- What was your inspiration for your shop?
The very first necklace I ever made got me to thinking. Hey, I might could actually sell this!! I was so stunned at how well it turned out! http://www.etsy.com/listing/56056464/custom-four-strand-crochet-necklace-free
- What’s your favorite shop item and why? Oh my gosh thats a hard one! I think my most favorite item is the Kaleidoscope cuff. They are neat to make. They always seem to take on a life of their own. http://www.etsy.com/listing/57074861/custom-kaleidoscope-cuff-customized
- How do you unwind when you’re not creating?
When I am not catching up on the DVR with hubby, I enjoy gardening, horseback riding, reading and writing.
- What’s your favorite kind of cupcake?
My sister made these chocolate cupcakes once that had chocolate butter-cream icing on them. I don’t know what she did to those things but they were absolutely AWESOME!!!
- What pushes you to want to create something?
I think my want for all things sustainable pushes my creativity. I am always wondering “could I make that” or “I wonder if I could find someone who could”. I love thinking “gee I would really like a thumb ring” and then going over to my table and making myself one!! It gives you such a feeling of accomplishment. And I will wear it forever! Not like something I might pick up in a store and have no spiritual bond with….I hope that makes sense :)
- What’s your favorite cartoon as a kid? As an adult, if you stumble upon it while channel surfing now would you stop & watch?
Bugs Bunny and Tweety and you bet I would stop and watch :)
- What’s your fantasy job?
New York Times Best Selling Author :) You just wait!! I will be their one day ;)
- List 3 things you are so obsessed with it is torture to ever say no to.
Longhorn Steakhouses Chocolate Stampede….mmmmm that thing is ridiculously good!! A great deal on a great item in the thrift store!! (Like paying $3.99 for a handmade $99.00 bag in PERFECT condition!!) Hugs and Kisses from my nephews:) I have a great bunch of little boys!!
- List 3 of your favorite Etsy shops.
Okay this is going to be REALLY hard!!!!
1: http://www.etsy.com/shop/bluecalla I dream of one day owning one of her bags!!
2:http://www.etsy.com/shop/auntiedawn I just want to curl up in her big chunky scarves!
3:http://www.etsy.com/shop/gypsymoonart I am just spell bounded every-time I walk into this shop!! I have admired her work since I found her. I also dream of one day owning a few things from her shop :)
- Do you have a favorite author? When you read, do you use a proper bookmark, bend the page, or grab anything handy to mark your place?
I do not have a favorite author. There are so many out there it truly would be impossible to choose. Plus I am not very good with names. I don’t like to bend the page but I will if I can’t find anything to stick there:) Its Impossible for me to keep track of a bookmark.
- If money was no object and you can live wherever you want….where would that be?
New Zealand. I think its the only place hubby and I could both agree on.
- What is your best childhood memory?
Slipping into the bed with my mom after my daddy left for work. Taking off my dad’s shoes and coveralls when he got home from work and playing in the woods with my cousins.
Where to find MegsCrochetJewels: