- How’d you get started on Etsy?
I was researching ways to sell my art online and Etsy came up.
- What was your inspiration for your shop?
I am inspired by high heeled shoes.
- What’s your favorite shop item and why?
My favorite shop item is my hand drawn series #2 because everything comes from a sketchbook of designs that I have been doing for the past few years.
- How do you unwind when you’re not creating?
I love to watch my two favorite TV shoes Grey’s Anatomy (the drama) and Project Runway (the suspense) I love it.
- What’s your favorite kind of cupcake?
I love yellow with white chocolate icing. Yum!
- What pushes you to want to create something?
I am influenced by the environment around me. I see the beauty in everything.
- What’s your favorite cartoon as a kid? As an adult, if you stumble upon it while channel surfing now would you stop & watch?
The Flintstones were my favorite cartoon. Yes, I would stop and watch it anytime just to see what Fred and Barney are going get into.
- What’s your fantasy job?
I would love to be a shoe designer and own my own boutique.
- Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?
I have to watch HGTV. It’s a passion.
- List 3 things you are so obsessed with it is torture to ever say no to. Etsy, wal-mart, shoes
- List 3 of your favorite Etsy shops.
- Do you have a favorite author? When you read, do you use a proper bookmark, bend the page, or grab anything handy to mark your place?
One of my favorite authors is L.A. Banks who does the Vampire Huntress Legend Series. I have to admit, most of the time I use anything around to mark my place especially receipts.
- If money was no object and you can live wherever you want….where would that be?
I would love to live in Miami. Lights, camera, action.
- What is your best childhood memory?
My best childhood memory was drawing a duck freehand. I love it when I can make something come to life from memory.
MissTanDesigns is run by me, Tanya A. Wesley. I’m an 80s baby, born in upstate South Carolina. Art has been an unspoken passion of mine since childhood but somehow I lost touch with it until recently. I like to refer to myself as a self-taught artist/digital artist/painter.
In other news, almost a decade ago, I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology from a wonderful school, Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC. For over 8 years, I worked in retail learning the in’s and out’s of the retail world. I’ve held just about every job in the field from cashier to supervisor. Notice, I didn’t say owner.
I have this amazing dream of one day designing and owning my very own shoe boutique. Currently, that is my goal. One day it shall be, I promise. Watch and see. But for the moment, I make shoe art and other fashion inspired designs that are fun (sometimes funny), whimsical, and romantic.