Just a note to say I was disappointed in Mary Pat Kelly’s Galway Bay. In fact, I returned it to the library today, unfinished. Now, you might not be able to tell this from the last batch of books I read, but it’s unusual for me not to finish a book. I couldn’t finish this one because the characters were so focused on Irish nationalism (even before the potato famine came) that it was more a treatise on Irish nationalism than it was a novel. Now, the way the English treated the Irish in the early 19th century was simply shameful. But I do believe that the Irish at that time would have been able to let more than 5 minutes pass without talking about it. I was not at all surprised when I saw the list of books also authored by Kelly and all but one were non-fiction.
Mini Book Review
Posted by Lizbeth on November 8, 2009
Buy My Latest Chapbook: Love and Memory
Shop Lizbeth’s Garden!
Search this blog
- Spring: a poem lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/spr… 1 week ago
- @EtsyHelp I cannot login. Have not been able to for an hour now. etsystatus.com not reflecting my problem. Username lizbethsgarden 2 weeks ago
Like what you see here?Follow Lizbeth on StumbleUpon too.
What Lizbeth is Working On
- Baby Angel Tassel for Angel Mommy or Angel Daddy - Tiny Pastel Tassel with Angel Wings and Halo by lizbethsgarden
- Party Pack: 5 Tassels baby boy and Blue Ribbons Blue Baby Shower Decoration Favor Embellishment Tassel by lizbethsgarden
- Green and Yellow Beaded Purse Tassel or Charm with Citrus Drops by lizbethsgarden
What Lizbeth is Saying
What We’re Talking About
This Blog’s Copyright License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.